Fair Housing Resource Center, Inc. is currently accepting applications for a Part Time Staff Accountant for our non-profit organization.
This position is responsible for financial and operating data integrity including maintenance of general ledger and ensuring compliance with financial policies, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Uniform Grant Guide and other requirements as determined by funders. The Accountant is responsible for grant billing and expense reporting. Position will assist with financial reporting and budgeting.
This position will work out of Fair Housing Resource Center, Inc. located at 1100 Mentor Avenue, Painesville Ohio 44077. The schedule will be determined upon hire.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain the general ledger and facilitate timely and accurate reporting, including; Ensuring financial transactions are recorded and are accurate and timely in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and in compliance of federal contract requirements, donor designations, laws, regulations and other contractual terms and conditions.
- Assisting with the timely and accurate processing of financial transactions, including revenues, expenses, payroll processing, accounts receivable, invoicing, cash receipts, accounts payable, cash disbursements, credit card disbursements, prepaid expense.
- Conduct accurate and timely monthly and quarterly financial entries.
- Ensure that the general ledger account is reconciled to supporting documentation and schedules each month in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensuring that program revenue and expenditures are properly coded in compliance with grant requirements.
- Assist Executive Director with preparing monthly/quarterly financial statements.
- Maintain a grant/contract management process which to control and streamline reporting and billing for the various funding sources of agency programs; this includes requests for funding, interim and final reporting to funders, and billing.
- Preparation of invoices, assist with preparation of financial and operating reports, assist with contract audits.
- Provide ongoing progress reports on the use of funds compared to budget for program managers.
- Assist with grant reporting requirements.
- Process monthly credit card bill including matching receipts, coding and posting monthly journal entry.
- Generate regular billing for all programs.
- Assist in reconciling Fair Housing`s payroll, maintain accounts receivable sub-ledger and all accounts.
- Other duties as requested.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or 5+ years accounting experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a general accounting environment; prior experience in non-profit accounting is a plus.
- Proficient in Quickbooks and Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
- Proven track record in financial system development/maintenance.
- Proven organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize workload.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with ability to work collaboratively.
- Attention to detail.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $25.00 – $30.00 per hour