Fair Housing Resource Center, Inc. is a certified housing counseling agency who has received funding from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Housing Counseling to provide free educational courses to individuals in need. Fair Housing Resource Center, has developed 2 educational courses for individuals seeking to purchase a home.
Free Homebuyer Education
When it comes to buying a home, it can be hard to know where to start. That’s why we’re here to help. FHRC offers a comprehensive first-time homebuyer’s guide that will provide you with the information you need to have confidence in the home buying process. The one on one session will teach you how creditworthiness affects your ability to purchase a home, what down payment assistance programs are available, how to save and prepare for your home purchase, and how to work with lenders and real estate professionals. We will provide you with a full picture of how the home buying process works from start to finish.
What to Expect from this course:
- How credit affects home buying options and how to improve your credit
- How to create a budget as a homeowner
- Down payment assistance
- How to find a real estate agent and a lender
- The costs of home buying and the approval process
- The cost of homeownership
- What to expect as a homeowner
Complete the registration form below to attend one of our Homebuyer Education Classes. If you have questions please do not hesitate to contact our office at 440-392-0147.
Free Financial Literacy and Credit Tool Kit Education
Building your credit is essential to securing financing for your next or first investment. Whether it is purchasing a car, buying your first home or building a savings account, it is imperative to understand how credit and financing work. This one on one session consists of budget counseling and credit counseling. Understand the ABC`s of credit and how your choices today can impact your financial capabilities in the future.
What to expect from this course:
- How to build and maintain a budget
- Learn about different saving methods
- Learn how to start and maintain a rainy-day fund
- How to Improve your credit
- Learn how to read a credit report
- How to repair your credit
- What your rights are as a consumer
- How to correct inaccurate information on your credit report
Contact our agency at 440-392-0147 to speak with one of our Housing Counselors to discuss your financial literacy and credit tool kit needs!